Diabetes is a condition when your body is unable to produce enough amount of the insulin required to meet its needs and/or the cells don’t respond to the insulin properly. Insulin is important as it is required to move glucose from the blood o the body cells. It is also important for metabolism.
Glucose is obtained by the body from the food we eat. It is a source of energy used by the cells. If there is a shortage of insulin production or if it is not able to move the glucose from the blood to the cells, the glucose will remain in the blood. High level of glucose in the blood is toxic, and when cells don’t get the energy required, they are unable to function properly.
There are two kinds of diabetes found mainly: Type 1 and Type 2. About 90% of the diabetes patients suffer from Type 2. And out of these, about one-third of people are unaware of it and do not get the required treatment as in most of the cases, early Diabetes Symptoms cannot get noticed without tests.
Type 1 Diabetes
This type of diabetes occurs when the pancreas cannot produce insulin. The patient with Type 1 diabetes will require insulin injections. This type is diagnosed mostly during childhood or in adolescent age.
Type 2 Diabetes
This can occur when the pancreas cannot produce the required amount of insulin or when the insulin is not used by the body properly. Mostly it occurs in adults but children also may be affected in some cases. The type 2 patients usually have a family history of diabetes and are obese or overweight in 90% of the cases. The patients with Type 2 diabetes will need the insulin injections eventually.
Both the types have mostly similar symptoms and warning signs. With type 1, symptoms might occur quickly, within a few days or weeks. Whereas, in the case of type 2 diabetes, warnings are very mild and go unnoticed until tested or when they get problems from the long-term damage it caused to the body.
Common symptoms for Type 1 and Type 2
Diabetic patients, if not treated properly, feel extremely thirsty and urinate more frequently. They feel tired than usual as the cells do not get enough energy and experience weight loss. They feel hungrier and tend to eat excessively.
They will suffer itchy skin and dry mouth as the body is losing fluids in making pee, there is less moisture for skin and mouth.
Patients will suffer from blurred vision due to the reducing fluid level. The lenses in the eyes may swell and change shape that will result in a loss in focus.
Other symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
- Yeast infection can be a common problem in both men and women with type 2 diabetes. Yeast feeds on glucose, if the glucose is not consumed properly by the cells, there might be plenty of it in the body. The Yeast will grow in the moist and warm skin folds of the body like between toes and fingers, under arms, under breasts, or in and around the sex organs.
- The high amount of glucose in the blood will affect the blood flow in the body. It may harm your nerves and makes it difficult for your body to heal the wounds.
- The legs and feet will become numb or will pain. This is due to nerve damages.
Other Type 1 Symptoms
- If the cells of the body cannot get enough energy from the food consumed, the body will start to burn the fat and muscle to compensate for the energy. This may result in extensive weight loss.
- When the body burns the fat, it produces ketones that will build up in your blood and can rise to the dangerous It causes Nausea and vomiting. The patient may suffer from a life-threatening condition called diabetic ketoacidosis.
Diabetes is one of the leading causes of death in the world. It is the major cause of heart diseases, blindness and kidney failures. If you notice any of the above Diabetes Symptoms, you should get medical treatment as soon as possible. Diabetes is a serious condition but you may manage to enjoy a healthy life even with diabetes if it is treated and managed properly at an earlier stage.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Tips to Create a Profitable Google AdWords Campaign (from Scratch) - January 17, 2019
- Discover dynamic internet marketing tools & its benefits - January 14, 2019
- Unique and Cool Things to Do While You’re in Venezuela - January 9, 2019