Elderly people face manifold health problems and thus it becomes important to take care of them. In this regards, you need to consult with an expert doctor who helps you to get all good treatments. Also, there are many chronic diseases that reduce the quality of life of an elderly person.
Diseases Elderly People Face
Here are given the names of common diseases usually elderly people face:
- Heart disease affects 70% of people above the age of 65. The older people usually are at high risk of getting high blood pressure and high cholesterol that result in heart problems. Alongside, it also increases the risk of stroke that leads to sudden death. As you grow older you thus need to follow a proper diet ensuring that you get a good health.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is a condition that leads to several deaths of people above 65. It usually affects people with chronic asthma and thus you have to take proper care ensuring that you avoid any bad condition. People living with chronic bronchitis or emphysema are at high risk of developing this condition and thus it’s time to consult the doctor.
- Alzheimer’s disease is another mental disease where the person can’t remember the immediate happenings. And the diagnosis is also challenging due to which it becomes difficult to get permanent cure. These patients are always kept under observation, as they sometimes even forget their own identity and can’t recognize their family members.
- Osteoporosis is a disease related to bone and the patient face difficulties in moving. These people thus are at high risk of getting their bones fractured. It’s thus important to move carefully ensuring that you won’t fracture your bones. The number of osteoporosis is continuously increasing by year and you have to consult a good orthopedic in order to get proper cure.
- Elderly people develop more risks of getting falls that give rise to emergencies. People suffering from osteoporosis usually loose balance due to which they face it difficult to move on the slippery bathroom floors. Thus, it’s good to accompany an elderly person that helps you to avoid any emergency.
- Diabetes is a common health issue and usually older people are at high risk of developing diabetes related health complications. You need to improve your way of life followed by a proper diet ensuring that you control the risk factors in real-time. It’s important to consult with an expert and you need to follow the medications that help you to control your blood sugar level.
- Obesity is another health risk factor for elderly people. People with high cholesterol and high diabetes develop obesity gaining excess body weight. If you are suffering from obesity you have to follow a strict diet that helps you to loose additional body weight.
- Senior people also face problems with their oral health. It’s necessary to follow regular dental check ups that helps you to avoid any sort of tooth or gum diseases. As a person grows older his/her mouth becomes dryer and it becomes difficult to avoid cavities inside the gums.
- Arthritis is one of the most common diseases affecting the older people. First, you need to prepare a personalized activity plan in order to ease the movements ensuring that you can carry out all your daily works efficiently. It also leads to pain and you can try out some home remedies like hot oil message etc. to get quick relief. And your doctor may prescribe some pain medications using which you can get rid of the pain.
You can now easily search good doctors for the senior person at your home helping them to lead a better way of life. You can now help them to improve the overall quality of life bringing in a big smile on their faces. Ensure that they get proper nutrition that improves their immune system due to which they can fight against certain diseases. It’s good to include fruits, vegetables, and cereals in their diet that make them healthy and thus they can now stay away from all the above-mentioned diseases. Life thus becomes full of joy and ecstasy and you can now spend happy moments with the senior members of your family.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- How to Travel the World with a Physical Disability - February 15, 2019
- Celebrating This Valentines Day with your Loved One Creating Exceptional Memories - February 14, 2019
- A Brief View on the Diseases Elderly People Suffer - February 10, 2019